By Lokesh Chandra
The full variety of phrases, compounds, and words methods 200,000 entries. phrases of technical matters like astronomy, medication, iconography, metrics, prosody and philosophy have additionally been integrated. the entire Tibetan vocabulary entries are prepared alphabetically: the compounds and demanding words too seem of their alphabetic order to facilitate the duty of the consumer. Inclusion of compounds and words has been a selective approach within which the matter of discarding was once moment basically to that of including. each Tibetan access is through its Sanskrit identical. The Sanskrit equivalents have additionally been given in alphabetic series.
Read Online or Download Tibetan - Sanskrit Dictionary PDF
Similar hinduism books
India is greater than a country country. it's also a special civilization with philosophies and cosmologies which are markedly particular from the dominant tradition of our occasions - the West. India's non secular traditions spring from dharma which has no specific similar in Western frameworks. regrettably, within the rush to rejoice the becoming acclaim for India at the international degree, its civilizational matrix is being co-opted into Western universalism, thereby diluting its uniqueness and capability.
"Introducing Hinduism" bargains a advisor to the foremost philosophical, literary, mythological and cultural traditions of this terribly varied religion. It untangles the complexities of Hinduism's gods and goddesses, its caste process and its perspectives on intercourse, lifestyle and asceticism. This paintings solutions questions together with: Why do Hindus revere the cow?
The Goddess Lives in Upstate ny is a profile of a flourishing Hindu temple within the city of Rush, long island. The temple, demonstrated via a charismatic nonbrahman Sri Lankan Tamil often called Aiya, stands proud for its mixture of orthodox ritual meticulousness and socioreligious iconoclasm. The energy with which devotees perform ritual themselves and their prepared entry to the deities contrasts sharply with ritual actions at such a lot North American Hindu temples, the place (following the standard Indian customized) ritual is played purely via monks and entry to the hugely sanctified divine photographs is heavily guarded.
- The Jains (2nd Edition) (The Library of Religious Beliefs and Practices)
- The Art of Loving Krishna: Ornamentation and Devotion
- Philosophy of Hindu Sadhana
- The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality)
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Hinduism
- Gandhi’s Religious Thought
Extra resources for Tibetan - Sanskrit Dictionary
1) that Revelation is twofold—Vedic and Tantric (srutis ca dvividhâ vaidikïtantrikï ca). This formula distinguishing between two forms of revelation introduces an initial aspect of the Tantric tradition, which indeed is usually held as different from the Vedic, as revealed by the divinity without referring to the Veda, and as being more adapted than the Vedic revelation to the present age of mankind. 10 Notwithstanding what some have written, there is obviously nothing Tantric in Vedic literature.
42 Väc found also in non-Tantric schools.
4l). Such a practice—adding to an already accepted division of a whole one more division, which both encapsulates and transcends the former ones occurs elsewhere too and seems to correspond to an inclination of Indian thought. This we shall see again in the course of this work, when dealing with the four stages of the Word and the energies of Siva (3 + I), with the kaläs (15 + 1 or 16 + 1), with the four modalities of consciousness (4 + I), and with the tattvas as well (36 + 1). 22 Vâc power (KausBr.