By Steven Gorshe, Arvind Raghavan, Thomas Starr, Stefano Galli
Written by means of specialists within the box, this publication offers an summary of all kinds of broadband subscriber entry networks and expertise, together with fiber optics, DSL for mobile traces, DOCSIS for coax, strength line provider, and instant. every one know-how is defined extensive, with a dialogue of key ideas, old improvement, and criteria. The e-book includes entire assurance of all broadband entry applied sciences, with a bit every one dedicated to fiber-based applied sciences, non-fiber stressed out applied sciences, and instant applied sciences. The 4 co-authors’ breadth of data is featured within the chapters evaluating the relative strengths, weaknesses, and analysis for the competing technologies.
- Covers the actual and medium entry layers (OSI Layer 1 and 2), with emphasis on entry transmission technology
- Compares and contrasts all contemporary and rising stressed and instant criteria for broadband entry in one reference
- Illustrates the expertise that's presently being deployed by way of community prone, and likewise the know-how that has lately been or will quickly be standardized for deployment within the coming years, together with vectoring, wavelength department a number of entry, CDMA, OFDMA, and MIMO
- Contains specific dialogue at the following criteria: 10G-EPON, G-PON, XG-PON, VDSL2, DOCSIS 3.0, DOCSIS Protocol over EPON, energy line service, IEEE 802.11 WLAN/WiFi, UMTS/HSPA, LTE, and LTE-Advanced
Read or Download Broadband Access: Wireline and Wireless - Alternatives for Internet Services PDF
Similar & telecommunications books
Wisdom administration (KM) incorporates a wide variety of instruments and strategies which are on the middle of the knowledge and verbal exchange society and supply ideas that depend as a lot on association as on know-how. This identify brings jointly contributions from authors from a number of international locations who're famous as top figures during this box, either in an educational and a pragmatic experience.
Chaotic indications in electronic Communications combines primary heritage wisdom with cutting-edge tools for utilizing chaotic signs and platforms in electronic communications. The ebook builds a bridge among theoretical works and useful implementation to aid researchers reach constant functionality in life like environments.
This booklet discusses and explores the idea that of cellular cloud, growing an inspiring examine area for exploiting opportunistic source sharing, and masking from theoretical examine ways to the advance of commercially ecocnomic principles. A cellular cloud is a cooperative association of dynamically hooked up verbal exchange nodes sharing opportunistic assets.
A set of a few of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's house missions chosen to symbolize the planetary communications designs for a development of assorted sorts of missions The textual content makes use of a case research method of express the communications hyperlink functionality as a result of the planetary communications layout built via the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
- The law of environmental justice: theories and procedures to address disproportionate risks
- Interpolation, identification, and sampling
- Tapestry: The History and Consequences of America's Complex Culture
- More Beer (A Kayankaya Thriller, Book 2)
- Echoes: The Boudhanath Teachings
- Fluid Borders: Latino Power, Identity, and Politics in Los Angeles
Extra info for Broadband Access: Wireline and Wireless - Alternatives for Internet Services
The bandwidth of the shared coaxial cable is divided into frequency bands, with one or more frequency bands being allocated for upstream transmission. Individual subscribers compete for the shared upstream bandwidth through a medium access control (MAC) protocol. The most popular protocol for providing voice and data access is the Data Over Cable Service Interface Speciﬁcation (DOCSISTM) protocol developed by CableLabs, a laboratory that is jointly funded by multiple cable network providers. The downstream data is modulated into the RF channel slots that would otherwise have been used for carrying video signals.
The answer is obvious: we need internet access, with its ever-growing number of applications, and VOD (video on demand). With more than 600 million customers connected to broadband networks, no one asks if the technology works or whether it can meet the customer’s willingness to pay. Furthermore, a growing application of broadband access is the support of femtocells, and small cells in general. Resorting to small cells has today become the most promising trend pursued for increasing wireless spectral efﬁciency, and the key to its success is the availability of a high capacity wired line to the home.
32-to-1). PON systems typically transmit both upstream and downstream data over the same ﬁber. In some cases, only directional couplers are used to separate the upstream and downstream trafﬁc, but higher speed systems typically use different wavelengths in each direction. The most common is course wave division multiplexing (CWDM), in which 1490 nm is used for the downstream direction and 1310 nm for the upstream. This wavelength assignment has the advantage of putting the less expensive 1310 nm lasers at the ONTs.